There was a time when we were “illegal aliens” to the gospel. But now, because of Christ, we are citizens of God’s kingdom.
We are not called to a physical building but to a spiritual body.
From the very beginning, there has been one thing the church has been built upon, and must continue to be built upon, and that is the truth of the word of God. You will never grow spiritually without the truth of the gospel.
1. The building is useless without a proper foundation. If your foundation is built upon anything other than the truth of the word of God, then you are on sinking ground.
Unfortunately, we tend to convolute the word of God. Those churches that are most effective are those that have stripped away the excess and are focused solely on preaching the gospel.
There are false gods and false teachers today just as there were in Biblical times.
A wise man build his house on rock; a foolish man builds his house on sand.
It doesn’t matter what people think about us. It matters a great deal what God knows about us.
The question isn’t the storm. The question is what you are made of to withstand the storm.
It is the word of God that rebuilds you.
2. Jesus must be the centerpiece of all that we are. God tells us not to fret and worry about tomorrow. Seek first the wisdom and counsel of God. Seek His righteousness then all these things will be granted. His riches and glory never run out.
Our relationships and churches implode when Jesus is not the centerpiece.
God doesn’t want what we have left over. He wants our best, our first.
You have not when you ask not. He knows what you need but still wants to hear you ask.
You can declare Jesus the Lord of your life now, or you can do it at the judgment when it’s too late. But either way you will declare Jesus as Lord.
You are not supposed to be the same size spiritually than you were this time last year. If you are then something is wrong.
If you are saved, then God lives in your body. He doesn’t just dwell in the church.
3. The Holy Spirit indwells the body of a believer and ignites the body of Christ. If we fully understood the power of God that is available to us, it would change everything about our lives.
If you get someone as big as God living inside you, He will manifest Himself on the outside so that it’s obvious you are saved.
We are the habitation of God. This is convicting.
Three Biblical truths we have learned today:
- Build your life on the foundation of God.
- Make Jesus the centerpiece of your life.
- Let others see the awesome power of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in you.
Everything we have is the result of God.