I saw this in the comments section of a blog post written by someone lamenting the San Bernardino shooting and more or less blaming all “gun lovers” for the mass shootings that happen. One commenter suggested we regulate guns the way we regulate cars, prompting the following response from another commenter:
You want to regulate guns like cars? Bring it on!
– No background checks
– No regulation of private sales
– No regulation of interstate sales or transfers
– Ammo available at 150,000 stores, usually without ever talking to a clerk
– No distinctions between types of guns
– Take your gun anywhere
– Use your gun anywhere
– Guns at age 16
– Rent a gun anywhere, to be used anywhere
– Gun training in every high school
Oh yeah, go for it!