Christ humbled Himself and became a servant of humanity. The greatest leaders are not afraid to get their hands dirty when no one is looking. The reason we don’t serve others is that we’re so busy serving ourselves.
The heart of a servant is:
1) more concerned with getting a job done than getting credit.
2) willing to work totally behind the scenes.
3) understands that serving is an absolute privilege.
4) filled with joy when others are blessed.
5) knows that it’s truly more blessed to give then to receive.
6) doesn’t live in self-defense but seeks the defense of others.
7) continually looks for ways to do things better.
8) always finds the value in others.
9) has a faithful heart and an appreciative spirit.
10) realizes that small jobs are just as important as large jobs.