The truth of the Word of God is new and fresh and more relevant than the current news headlines. The world listens to worldly people. God’s people listen to God. The devil doesn’t care what you believe as long as it’s not the truth.
1. Worldly people are consumed with the world. Earthly things pass away. Christians must develop an appreciation for things of eternal value. But the church is consumed with the world. We are wise on worldly things but simple-minded on Godly things. There are three reasons why Christians ought to come out from the world:
– obedience (God says so)
– identification (we identify with either God or the world)
– protection (the world will destroy us)
2. God’s love does not allow for doctrinal error and disobedient living. God will judge us. God is a God of love, but He is also a wrathful God. It is God’s love that protects us from wrath. A lot of people who have been built up are going to Hell because they have not been told the truth.
3. Believers are marked by love for God and love for others. Holiness is in the intrinsic nature of who God is. He never metes out the wrong judgment. The gospel is a rescue mission. Jesus was the first real missionary.
4. Salvation isn’t about dying; it’s about living. Salvation is about living on the journey before we even die (abundant living), not just about dying and going to heaven. Be happy about life. Salvation is about what we do now before we leave the world. Too many times we say we’ll die for Jesus but won’t even live for Him. You won’t die for something you won’t even live for. There are three great surprises about heaven: who’s going to be there, who won’t be there, and that I will be there. Salvation is about the present moment.