Democrats have to lie about the tax cuts because they’re desperate. They aren’t stupid. (Well, some of them are.) They know the economy is going to take off as a result of these tax cuts and the credit belongs entirely to Donald Trump and the GOP. Desperate people do desperate things.
It’s real simple. If you pay a lot in taxes, you get a Trump-sized tax cut. If you pay only a little in taxes, you get a Little Marco tax cut. If you pay no taxes, you get no tax cut. There’s nothing unfair about any of this.
On the same day Congress passed the tax cuts, we learned that:
- Fifth Third Bancorp announces plan “to raise its minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15, and distribute a one-time bonus of $1,000 for more than 13,500 employees” following passage of tax bill.
- Comcast to give $1,000 bonuses to more than 100K “eligible frontline and non-executive employees” & invest $50 billion over the next five years in infrastructure “based on the passage of tax reform.”
- Wells Fargo hikes its hourly pay rate to $15 & will aim for $400M in philanthropic donations next year due to the newly-passed GOP tax bill.
- Boeing announces $300M employee-related and charitable investment as a result of #TaxReform legislation to support our heroes, our homes and our future.
- AT&T announces it will “pay a special $1,000 bonus to more than 200,000 AT&T U.S. employees” because of the tax reform passage and will also increase US capital spending by $1 billion.
- FedEx announces that because of the tax bill that they will be hiring a lot more people this year. And many businesses are announcing pay raises because of it.
Please know that every single Democrat in Washington voted against everything in the above list. They voted against the higher wages, the employee bonuses, the investments and the philanthropy.
If you are a rich liberal who feels guilty about having your taxes cut, you can make voluntary contributions to the U.S. Treasury and thereby assuage your guilt.
I guarantee you that every rich liberal who’s whining about not needing a tax cut maximizes every available IRS deduction so they can pay as little as they can get by with legally. Just like the rest of us. Liberals are as money-oriented as those they accuse of being greedy.
If you are a single mother of 2, you get a $2,000 tax cut just on the child tax credit alone. Every single Democrat in Washington voted against your tax cut. They really don’t care about you.
Democrats are referring to tax reform as a heist and looting because they genuinely believe all money belongs to Washington first, and whatever shows up in your paycheck is what they have graciously allowed you to keep.
Whenever you hear a Democrat politician lament that the Trump tax cuts are immoral, just replace “immoral” with “bad for socialism,” and it will become clear.